Sunday 18 March 2012

LONG JOURNEY

The day finally arrived to leave Australia.  Still feeling a little hungover from the weekends festivities, i finished packing and unpacking and packing again my bags, had lunch with mum and went out to the airport with dad as he was going to work at the same time.
Luckily I scored a business class seat, and it was smooth sailing, great food and lots of movies for the next 8 hours to Singapore.


A 7 hour stopover in singapore meant it was 4:00am Australia time before we boarded for london. I was asleep before take off and woke up 5 hours later with my seat fully lowered into its bed position and tucked up inside a blanket, great service!
Weather issues in London forced us to circle Heathrow airport for 2 hours before landing which meant that i was in a real hurry to get to the bus station and a 1 hour bus ride to Gatwick airport before boarding another plane to Bologna in Italy.
This time it was plane issues that forced us to sit on the runway for 2 hours before being pulled back to the gate, having to get off and re-board another plane. A 2 hour plane ride and I was finally in Italy!!
I then had a 45 min train ride from Bologna to Florence, where i finally laid eyes on Anna for the first time in 6 weeks, it was great to see her!!
42 hours from when I left home, I was in Firenze........what a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment